Hastings Center scholar Carolyn Neuhaus is on one panel “Do Justice and Equity Concerns Bolster or Hinder the Case for the Use of Gene Drive Applications?” in a series of...
Hastings Center Scholars Michael Gusmano and Karen Maschke present “Democratic Deliberation and Gene Editing,” a ½ Day Short Course for attendees of Annual Meeting of the American Political Science Association, Seattle,...
Hastings Center PMRA Ben Wills will be participating in two panels for the Society for the Social Studies of Science annual conference.
Hastings Center advisor Faith Fletcher will present "A Critical Moment in Bioethics: Reckoning with Anti-Blackness through Intergenerational Dialogue" at this year’s ASBH conference.
Hastings Center scholar Diane Korngiebel and colleagues will be presenting “Research Data Governance: A Tutorial Introduction”, at a workshop for attendees of the AMIA 2021 Annual Symposium.
Calendar powered by The Events Calendar
- Bethany Brumbaugh joined The Hastings Center in September 2019. She received a BS degree from the University of North Dakota, with a major in psychology and minors in Spanish and biology.
- Mark Cardwell recently joined The Hastings Center to improve impact, engagement and communications.
- Julie Chibbaro is a long-time teacher, mentor, and editor. She is the author of three novels, and numerous short stories and articles. Her books have won the American Book Award, the National Jewish Book Award, and many other honors.
- Michaela Ekowo joined The Hastings Center in May 2021 as Grants Manager. Previously, she has worked in administration offices at universities across South Florida and City of New York. She is multilingual, fluent in Spanish and French, and proficient in Russian. Michaela has a Master of Arts in International Administration from the University of Miami, and Bachelor of Arts degree in French from Florida Atlantic University.
- Jodi Fernandes has been with The Hastings Center since 1998 in administrative support roles that have spanned various departments including research, development, and finance, in addition to having primary responsibilities in the president’s office. Her experience at The Hastings Center led to an interest in the unique organizational issues faced by nonprofits, and she went on to earn an MPA with a concentration in nonprofit management from Pace University in 2010.
- Susan Gilbert is the director of communications of The Hastings Center and editor of Hastings Bioethics Forum. Before joining The Hastings Center in 2007, she was an editorial consultant and a freelance writer specializing in health and medicine. She was a frequent contributor to The New York Times science section and a consultant to Harvard Health Publications. Earlier, she was an editor of The New York Times Good Health Magazine and Science Digest. Gilbert is the author of A Field Guide t...
- Laura Haupt specialized in twentieth-century fiction from the United States and England and some of its former colonies. She joined The Hastings Center as its managing editor in July 2013.
- Margaret Matthews joined The Hastings Center in July 2021. She graduated from Vassar College in 2020 with majors in Neuroscience and Science, Technology, & Society (STS) and a minor in Women’s Studies.
- Cathy Meisterich joined The Hastings Center as chief financial officer in 2006 and was given the additional role of chief operating officer in 2007. Previously, Meisterich was executive vice president, controller, and chief operating officer of LDI, a Manhattan-based publisher of directories of key individuals in leading institutions in U.S. government and industry. She was also controller for Avenue, a Manhattan lifestyle magazine.
- Danielle Pacia received her BA in Bioethics from the University of Alabama and her Master of Bioethics (MBE) from Harvard Medical School.
- Nora Porter has been the Center’s Art Director for the past sixteen years. She is responsible for the design of the Center’s publications, promotional and development materials, and website graphics. She has won several American Inhouse Design Awards for her work at the Center. A trained art historian, she also researches and selects the cover artwork for the Hastings Center Report. Before coming to the Center she was Art Director for the Hudson River Sloop Clearwater and a freelance designe...
- Ryan Sauder joined The Hastings Center in February 2020 to oversee and advance fundraising and collaborate on related priorities.
- Lin Tarrant joined the Hastings Center in 2008. She has worked in the not-for-profit sector for over 25 years including Direct Mail Manager at Guiding Eyes for the Blind and Financial Manager at Friends of Karen.
- Siofra Vizzi joined the Hastings Center in 2010 as the development assistant and became manager of individual giving and special events in 2016. She also serves as the in-house photographer for all Hastings events. Before joining The Hastings Center, Siofra worked in real estate serving as office manager for Trump Park, Stamford and Cappelli Enterprises, White Plains. Prior to coming to America from Ireland, she was a buyer and store manager for Lucia.