Administrative Assistant – Donor and Circulation Management
The Hastings Center, an internationally renowned bioethics research institute, is seeking applicants for the position of Administrative Assistant. This position could be full-time or part-time, depending on the candidate.
Responsible for carrying out all day-to-day subscription and donation processing, subscription fulfillment activities, subscriber customer service as well as general administrative office assistance. This person will be an integral part of both the development and publication efforts of The Hastings Center.
- Daily data entry and maintenance of constituent and subscription database records.
- Handles all circulation services; including processing new journal subscriptions, renewal efforts, subscriber inquiries, sale of miscellaneous Center publications and subscription claims.
- Processes all cash receipts including credit card payments accurately and consistently.
- Runs subscriber mailing lists for outside printer and internal needs. Monthly update of individual subscribers from external publisher to internal Raisers Edge database.
- Maintenance and coordination of complimentary subscriber lists for both publications.
- As part of the Development team will work on annual appeals, outreach and thorough database coding, report retrieval and assist with Special Events.
- Manage Excel Sheets such that bulky data can be broken down into categories, subtotals, and comparisons.
- Opens and sorts all incoming mail, processes outgoing mail.
- Administrative assistant duties include supply ordering, mail processing, updating staff lists, vendor coordination and a general sharing of office tasks.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Reports to the COO/CFO.
Qualifications and key competencies
- Superb attention to detail and insistence on data accuracy and consistency a must.
- Familiarity with Raisers Edge or equivalent database management program required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
- Flexibility in managing multiple on-going responsibilities and ability to work creatively and collaboratively essential.
- Self-starter with demonstrated good judgment, flexibility, resourcefulness, and problem-solving abilities.
- Commitment to functioning as a team player.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Application deadline: February 15, 2017.
The Hastings Center offers its employees’ health insurance; generous vacation, sick leave, and personal time; and holidays. The Hastings Center is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse staff and creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
The Hastings Center is an independent, nonprofit, nonpartisan institution that since 1969 has been a leader in research, education, and policy recommendations on the ethical and social impact of advances in medicine, health care, and biotechnology. We are located in Garrison, New York, 50 miles north of New York City. For more information about The Hastings Center, visit www.thehastingscenter.org.